- Enrollment information
- FAQs: Weather Delays and Closings
- Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
- Giant Wildcat Academy students speak at state conference
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- Kendall student earns blue ribbon in Symphony in Color contest
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
- McCulloch academic team wins regional invitational
- McCulloch band, choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch jazz band, jazz choir earn third straight ISSMA gold
- McCulloch music department earns ISSMA’s highest honor 3rd year in a row
- MCS Bullying Prevention Fact Sheet/Report Forms
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS Academic Giants headed to state with perfect math score
- MHS Hall of Distinction nominations due May 10
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- Sign up TODAY for the Giant Discovery Zone after-school program!
- Tech Giants advance to state robotics competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- WFYI features Little Giants in documentary on high-quality preschools
April 26 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
April 25 2017Don't miss 'High School Musical' on stage at the Walton! (4/27 & 4/29)
April 24 2017Giant Summer Academy registration (K-8) now open; register by 5/8!
April 21 2017McCulloch music department earns ISSMA’s highest honor 3rd year in a row
April 20 2017MHS Academic Giants headed to state with perfect math score
News for Marion Community Schools
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindergarten Roundup set for 4/13
WHAT: MCS Kindergarten Roundup
WHEN: 1:30 p.m. or 6 p.m. Thursday, April 13
WHERE: Allen, Frances Slocum, Kendall and Riverview elementary schools
WHY: Visit your school, get information, get a head start on the kindergarten registration process
QUESTIONS? Call 765-662-2546
PASS IT ALONG: Going? Respond on our Facebook event pages for the 1:30 p.m. event or the 6 p.m. event and share with your friends! And keep scrolling for a link to download our flier to share!
Marion Community Schools invites families of children who will be starting kindergarten next school year to come visit their elementary schools and get a head start on the registration process at Kindergarten Roundup, set for Thursday, April 13.
Families can attend one of two sessions set that day, at 1:30 p.m. or 6 p.m.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1, 2017, can attend kindergarten in the 2017-18 school year.
The informational sessions will be offered at every MCS elementary school:
- Allen Elementary School, 1115 E. Bradford St.
- Frances Slocum Elementary School, 2909 S. Torrence St.
- Kendall Elementary School, 2009 W. Kem Road
- Riverview Elementary School, 513 W. Buckingham Drive
We hope to see all families of incoming kindergartners at this event that is just for them! It's a great way to help your future kindergartner get an introduction to the school building and staff. It's a low-pressure, informative session that's meant to specifically meet the needs of families with incoming kindergartners and their families.
What you need to bring: We ask that you bring proof of residence (like a utility bill with your name and address on it) if possible, so we can make sure you're at the right school. We also ask that you bring a copy of your kindergartner-to-be's birth certificate. You'll be beginning the registration process at Kindergarten Roundup, so we need that official document to certify your child is eligible for kindergarten. (If you cannot bring a copy of the birth certificate on this day, we can still begin the registration process, but we'll need you to follow up with us and provide that document before we can complete the registration process.)
For more information, call 765-662-2546, ext. 132.
Attention community partners:
Want to help spread the word about MCS Kindergarten Roundup at your business or organization? Download and print our flier and post it where the public can see them! THANK YOU for your support! Download link:
Marion, IN 46953