Marion Community Schools offers full-day kindergarten for all students.
- Age: Students enrolling for the 2019-20 school year must be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2019.
- Residency: Please see Residency section below.
- Immunizations: Click here to view the immunization requirements from the Indiana State Department of Health.
Marion residents: Click here to search by address to determine which MCS elementary district you live in.
- Out-of-district transfers: If your student is not a resident of the Marion Community Schools district but you wish to enroll him or her in Marion Community Schools, you can pick up an application at the District Administration Offices at Marion High School, 750 W. 26th St. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If you attended Kindergarten Roundup, you should receive a code in the mail to complete your registration using our online system
- If you did not attend Roundup, please attend onsite registration, set for 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. July 23 and 24 at Marion High School, 750 W. 26th St. (Registration for all grades will be at that location. Staff from all school buildings will be available on those days at Marion High School.) Families can come at their convenience any time during those hours. Please enter at Door 4 on the 26th Street side of the building. Parking is available in the parking lot on the east side of the building. Please do not park in the circle off 26th Street.
- What you need to bring:
- Proof of residence (like a utility bill with your name and address on it) if possible, so we can make sure you're assigned to the right school.
- A copy of your kindergartner-to-be's birth certificate, to certify your child is age-eligible for kindergarten. (If you cannot bring a copy of the birth certificate, we can still begin the registration process, but we'll need you to follow up with us and provide that document before we can complete the registration process.)
- Immunization records for your student from your healthcare provider. Again, if you don't have that at time of registration it's OK, but you'll need to follow up with us and provide your school with that as soon as possible. In addition, any information regarding allergies or other health concerns can be provided at this time.
- You'll also need to pay school fees and can do that at registration. Kindergarten fee for the 2019-20 school year is $84.65. Payment can be made by cash, check, or MasterCard/Visa/Discover. Deferred payment plans can be arranged if needed; discuss this option with school staff at registration if needed.