The Board believes in providing opportunities for students to enhance their education through a variety of appropriate extra-curricular activities. The Board recognizes that the community itself can be an excellent source for such activities and welcomes the participation of community members who have special knowledge and skills that can add to the Corporation’s program.
In order to ensure that activities recommended by and involving community volunteers in an instructional role are in keeping with Corporation philosophy and will help students better accomplish the learning goals of the Corporation’s program, the Board establishes the following guidelines for the approval of any activity involving community volunteers:
A. Any suggested activity must be presented to the Superintendent, in writing, at least ten (10) days prior to the planned starting date.
B. Each request must include:
1. the purpose of the activity;
2. the students for whom the activity is planned;
3. the intended learning outcomes;
4. the names and qualifications of those community volunteers who will be participating in any aspect of the activity;
5. the number of hours and total duration of the activity.
The Board delegates to the Superintendent the responsibility for approving each requested activity based on its educational merits and relationship to the total Corporation program.