The Board recognizes that contests and exhibits may benefit individual students or the Corporation as a whole, but participation in such special activities may not:
- have the primary affect of advancing a special product, group or company;
- make unreasonable demands upon the time and energies of staff or students or upon the resources of the Corporation;
- involve any direct cost to the Corporation;
- interrupt the regular school program unless the student body as a whole derives benefit from such activities;
- cause the participants to leave the School Corporation, unless:
- in compliance with Board's policy 2340 (Field and Other Corporation- Sponsored Trips).
Sponsoring organizations must seek approval by submitting, in writing to the Superintendent, guidelines for contests/exhibits sixty days prior to the promotion of the events.
Guidelines must include rules, time lines, awards, and manner of adjudication.