For families with 6th-graders in band this year:
Are you considering renting an instrument for your student to use? Please plan to attend our meeting tonight with representatives from Muncie Music Center! We will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. in the music room here at Justice.
A good quality instrument is very important for your young musician's success! Muncie Music Center makes high quality instruments affordable and accessible! Our friends from MMC will have information for you about their rent-to-own program at this meeting. There are plenty of reasons to rent through MMC, including:
- Low payment plans, and they will work with you!
- If for any reason your student doesn't stick with the instrument, you can return it to them and you will not be responsible for the rest of the payments. (It is also possible to trade it in toward another instrument without losing any money.)
- FREE repairs for the entire time you are renting.
- Muncie Music Center comes to our school every Friday to do repairs on the spot and bring supplies. You will never have to travel to Muncie for instrument needs (unless you want to see their cool store!)
- All business can be done over the phone or online. No hassle of paperwork! (1-800-992-4481 or www.munciemusiccenter.com)
- Your student keeps the instrument with them as they continue on to the band program at McCulloch Junior High School and Marion High School (as you continue renting, or once you've paid it off and own it)
You do NOT need to attend this meeting if your student already has an instrument they plan to use. (A band teacher can check out the instrument to make sure it is in good playing condition.)
(If you need your student to use a school-owned instrument instead, please refer to the form that was sent home with your student on Monday. Parent/guardian signature is required for your student to check out a school-owned instrument.)
NOTE: If you cannot attend this meeting but still want information about the rent-to-own instrument program, please contact Muncie Music Center at 1-800-992-4481 or visit them online at www.munciemusiccenter.com.