2019 Hall of Distinction inductees named
Marion High School and Marion Community Schools congratulate the 2019 inductees into the MHS Hall of Distinction
- Max R. Long, M.D., Class of 1933
- John F. Boxell, M.D., Class of 1957
- Paul Usher, Class of 1963
- David Colescott, Class of 1976
- Troy Bentley Overton, Class of 1980
- Tonya (Riddle) Cornett, Class of 1987
- Bobbie Owensby, honorary
Marion High School Hall of Distinction
The purpose of the Marion High School Hall of Distinction is to give lasting recognition to Marion High School graduates who have made exceptional contributions to the achievements and prestige of Marion Community Schools. Furthermore, it is the purpose of the Hall of Distinction to promote more interest in Marion High School and to display before current Marion students, the success of past graduates who have contributed in making Marion schools exceptional.
Use the links in the above left column if this web page to navigate information about previous inductees into the MHS Hall of Distinction.
Criteria for Nominations
Any Marion High School graduate, who has made substantial contributions to the achievements of Marion Community Schools, and/or reflect positively thereon, is eligible for nomination. All nominees must have conducted themselves in such a manner to reflect honor upon Marion Community Schools and have qualities of character and standards of conduct that are exemplary.
Additional clarification for nomination criteria is as follows:
- Honor is reserved for MHS graduates of distinction. Individuals that have distinguished themselves through superb accomplishment on a local, state, or national level of prominence.
- This award recognizes accomplishments in diverse fields of endeavor.
- Graduates are not eligible until more than five years has elapsed from graduation.
- Non-MHS graduates may be afforded “honorary” status in the MHS Hall of Distinction.
We welcome community members’ nominations. Nominations must be in writing, and received in the office of the Superintendent. Nomination forms can be found online (click here) as well as at all Marion schools. The nomination period will reopen next year. A committee of 12 members will serve as the selection group. Nominees stay on a list for consideration for a three-year period.
Telephone: 765-662-2546 ext. 125
A look at the Marion High School Hall of Distinction display inside MHS.
>> Click here