Welcome to the senior class website!
**NOTE: Are you a 21st CENTURY SCHOLAR? If so, there are three things you must do to get your 21st Century Scholarship:
Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
Complete ScholarTrack activites throughout your high school career
NO AFFIRMATION, NO SCHOLARSHIP! See your guidance counselor if you have questions.
Complete a FAFSA by the March deadline (more info coming).
Attend one Affirmation Meeting this school year.
All seniors are encouraged to take the SAT. For more information, click here.
Seniors can also sign up to take the ACT. For more information, click here.
It is for students to stay on track for graduation. Each diploma requires different requirements for students to complete. Do you know which diploma you are working toward? (Parents, do you know which diploma your students are working toward?) Click HERE, for more information.
Do you need your class rank? Cumulative GPA? The Guidance Department can provide this for you!
Students, do you need a transcript sent to a college or university? Requesting transcripts is free and easy. It's quick, safe, easy, and its online! Click here for more information.
INDIANA COLLEGE APPLICATION INFORMATION
Click here to check out a great resource from Learn More Indiana, an overview of all Indiana colleges and their application processes, including fee waivers, contact information, deadlines, and more.
SENIOR YEAR TIMELINE
Time went fast, but now you are a senior! There are several important things to remember to do this year. Here is a helpful senior year timeline to help you and your student get organized this year.
- Sign up for the SAT and/or ACT
- Get a fee waiver from counselor if needed
- Get recommendation letters from teachers, coaches, employers, etc.
- Plan to visit a college (or more) during your next long weekend or break
- Take the SAT
- Work on admissions essays
- Attend college fairs
- Participate in SAT/ACT prep class
- Research possible scholarships - start here, on the MHS website! Click here for more information.
- Fill out your FAFSA online
- Meet with college advisors
- Meet with college representatives at Marion High School
- Keep track of testing deadlines
- Watch for early admissions deadlines
- If you're a 21st Century Scholar, watch for news of the MHS Affirmation Meeting
- Start Community Foundation Scholarship application
- Take the ACT
- Use the holiday break to complete essays and applications
- Study for finals
- End of First semester
- Continue researching scholarships - and make sure you're meeting application deadlines!
- Start reviewing for AP exams
- Make sure you are on track for graduation
- Send your mid-year high school transcripts, if necessary, to colleges
- Check out financial aid options through the college of your choice
- This month is the deadline for many college admission applications, make sure you are on top of your application deadlines!
- Have you been accepted to college? If so, set up a day to visit and tour the campus
- Time to hunt for a summer job
- Be on the look out for college acceptance letters
- Make sure you have completed your FAFSA by the March deadline!
- If you are a 21st Century Scholar, make sure you have completed your 21st Century Affirmation before the deadline!
- If you haven’t done so, it is time to make an enrollment decision
- Continue researching financial aid information
- Sign up for June SAT
- Be aware of summer orientation sessions
- Prepare a realistic school budget
- Notify your counselor of your college selections and the scholarships you received
- Prepare for graduation!
- Take the SAT
- Start preparing for college!
Congratulations seniors! Good luck on your next big adventure!