**NOTE: Are you a 21st CENTURY SCHOLAR? If so, there are three things you must do to get your 21st Century Scholarship:
Graduate with a 2.5 GPA or higher
Complete ScholarTrack activites throughout your high school career
See the Student Services for more information
AUGUST – SEPTEMBER
- Review you schedule to make sure it includes changes in you attended summer school.
- Counselor will visit Language Arts classes to explain PSAT test, which is given to all sophomores in October.
- Take PSAT.
NOVEMBER - DECEMBER
- Marion Regional Career Center counselor visits sophomore classes to explain course offerings for their junior/senior year.
- Visit MRCC to see possible choices of classes for junior/senior year.
JANUARY – FEBRUARY
Scheduling for your junior classes begins in January and continues through February. All parents/guardians are invited to attend. Many of our sophomores sign up for MRCC courses and review with their counselor to make sure they are on target for graduation.
- PSAT results are given back to students. They took the test in October and there was no charge to families.
- My College QuickStart is an easy-to-use, online, personalized college and career planning kit for all students who take the PSAT. This useful took incorporates responses students provided when they took the test and presents personalized information in six main parts: My Online Score Report, My SAT Study Plan, My Personality, My Major & Career Matches, My College Matches, and starting this year, AP Potential feedback. Students can sign in to My College QuickStart starting in mid-December using the access code printed on their score reports. This tool can be utilized throughout high school. To sign up for this service, go to: www.collegeboard.org/quickstart
- Sophomores will update their Four Year Plans online.
- Students taking AP courses will register to take the AP exam in May.
- AP exams are given.
- English 10 ISTEP+ assessment is given.
- Algebra 1 ISTEP+ assessment is given.