Marion Community Schools Parent Support group is part of the Grant County Special Education Support Group and meets once a month during the school year.
It is open to all parents of students with a disability in Grant County and covers a variety of resources available to you! Mark the dates on your calendar. More info regarding the sites will be posted and sent home with students. Childcare is provided.
Resources for Autism Spectrum Disorder
Indiana Institute on Disability
Indiana Resource Center for Autism
OCALI Ohio Center for Autism & Low Incidence
- Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew by Ellen Notbohm.
- 1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders by Veronica Zysk and Ellen Notbohm.
- "You're Going to Love this Kid!" Teaching Students with Autism in the Inclusive Classroom by Paula Kluth.
- Autism and the Myth of the Person Alone by Doug Biklen.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, a novel by Mark Hadden.
- Thinking in Pictures: and Other Reports from My Life with Autism by Temple Grandin.