Important information for Parents & Guardians:
If you have not already viewed the iPad distribution slideshow for the 2022-2023 school year, you must do so before your child receives and iPad. The shortcut to view this slideshow can be found by clicking THIS LINK.
1 to 1 Information:
All students K-12 receive a Marion Community Schools issued device for use during the school day.
McCulloch Middle School and Marion High School students are permitted to take these devices home with them for schoolwork and school-related educational purposes.
During certain days, such as "e-learning" days, all students may be permitted or required to take their assigned computing device home with them to use for distance learning. E-learning days are always communicated ahead of time on our website and any additional instructions regarding take-home devices may be shared at the time the e-learning day is announced.
Resources for Parents & Guardians:
SecURLy Parent (for parents who wish to monitor their students' online activity)
SecURLy parent is available for free to any legal guardian or parent who wishes to monitor activity on a child's iPad. You can request to be signed up for the service by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and including "SECURLY PARENT" in the subject line. Once configured, you will receive an e-mail from SecURLy (a third-party service provider) welcoming you to the service. Follow their instructions to complete registration and configuration.
Jamf Parent device controls (for parents of students with MCS devices at home)
- If parents are using an iPad/iPhone: see this document on getting started
Vision for Technology in Education
- Marion Community Schools will develop innovative members of global communities. Students will engage in self-directed, collaborative learning to become critical thinkers, real-world problem solvers, and responsible, productive citizens.
- This vision aligns with District Target 2 - Teaching and Learning:
- Relationships and Results
- All teachers will inspire and facilitate engaged, relevant, and purposeful student learning.
- (Click here to view the full District Targets.)
MCS Technology PD
Please see the link below for ongoing or previously provided information on technology use within the district. To access the class login with your MCS Google account to Google Classroom. If you haven't already joined the class the class code is 45al9s
How to contact us
You can reach our office via email at email@example.com